Southern Paleo Livin'

Southern Paleo Livin'

Friday, May 31, 2013

Paleo Pancakes

I love pancakes, but I don't love the carbs that come with them. The solution? Paleo pancakes! :-)

Ingredients

~4 ripe bananas
~4 large, cage-free, organic eggs
~1/2 cup nut butter (I've used both almond and cashew and noticed no distinguishable difference)
~freshly ground black pepper, to taste
~2 tsp olive oil

Directions

1. Mash bananas with a fork in a large bowl until smooth. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl until frothy and add to bananas.
2. Add the nut butter and mix well until creamy and smooth. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
3. Heat the olive oil in a small skillet. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
4. Cook pancakes for 2 minutes and then flip. Cook until golden brown.

My pancakes ALWAYS turn out looking burnt, but they never taste it (I know the one below doesn't look burnt...it was literally the first one I did so I took a picture of it looking pretty!). They are so delicious with 100% pure maple syrup and some bacon. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment