Southern Paleo Livin'

Southern Paleo Livin'

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Random Paleo Concoction

Let's be honest...there are some days you just don't want to cook anything fancy. I get it. I have those days too. And sometimes it is getting close to grocery day and I am stuck looking into my refrigerator for minutes on end pondering what on earth I could possibly make from the most random of ingredients. Well, this time those random ingredients worked out in my favor! I don't really have a name for my concoction...we will just call it a random paleo concoction for the time being.

I ALWAYS have mushrooms in my refrigerator. Like...lots of mushrooms. Because I eat them on a pretty daily basis. I used to hate mushrooms, and then one day my amazing mom made some, and it was like the heavens opened up and I instantly became a mushroom lover. I eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I can. I love, love, love them. So I usually use those as a key ingredient in any concoction I am making. So we have the mushrooms as a shoe-in for this random meal, but what next? I had some spinach and asparagus, both of which I love mixing with mushrooms, so I figured those two wouldn't taste bad together either. So we have the veggie part of the meal covered, but what about protein? So I threw in some chicken. Voila! I served it to my husband and his friends and they loved it, but then my husband made the suggestion of throwing some egg in there as well. GENIUS. More protein! In goes the scrambled egg, and out comes this wonderful paleo, clean eating meal! :-)


Ingredients

~1 lb cut up, cooked chicken breasts (can be grilled, baked, sautéed...whatever you prefer)
~1 cup mushrooms (any kind you like)
~1 cup asparagus (cut into 1 inch long pieces)
~1 cup spinach
~4 eggs, scrambled
~Olive oil to cook

Directions

1. Cook chicken breasts. Scramble eggs. Set aside.
2. Using olive oil, cook mushrooms and asparagus for a few minutes until tender. Add spinach and cook for another minute or two until spinach is cooked.
3. Add chicken and scrambled eggs. Mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment