Southern Paleo Livin'

Southern Paleo Livin'

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Paleo Ranch Dressing

A lot of people assume that on paleo you can have all the salad you want, which is kind of true...BUT, a lot of people fail to consider the fact that basically no store-bought salad dressing is paleo. I looked through so many books and websites to find a fairly easy-to-make paleo ranch dressing, and all I kept finding was a recipe that called for a homemade mayonnaise as the base. Now that is all well and good, but when I am looking at a recipe I always consider the cost. I don't want to buy a bunch of things that will get used once and then sit and not get used again. And let's face it, I don't want to put a ton of work into making myself some salad dressing. However, I finally found one that is easy, cost friendly, and uses mainly spices that you probably already have around your house. Win-win-win!

Ingredients

~1 cup olive oil
~1 cup coconut milk (I use Native Forest Unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk in a can)
~1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
~1 tbsp prepared dijon mustard (I don't ever keep this in the house, so I just use ground mustard instead)
~4 tbsp lemon juice
~2 tsp dill
~2 tsp garlic powder
~1 tsp onion powder
~1 tsp chives
~1/2 tsp parsley
~1/2 tsp thyme
~1/2 tsp sea salt
~1/2 tsp pepper

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until well combined.

From my personal experience this is not a bad dressing. It has the flavors of ranch, but you can tell it's different than buttermilk ranch (the consistency, for me, always comes out thinner than regular ranch). Next time I make this I am going to experiment a little and cut down on the lemon, because the flavor is very noticeable. I like it a lot though, because I seriously love ranch dressing. I love adding this to a salad with some cucumber and grilled chicken in it. NOM! :-)


Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by consuming coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete