Southern Paleo Livin'

Southern Paleo Livin'

Monday, May 20, 2013

Why the blog?

So you may be asking, "why the blog?", because let's face it, there are a million and one paleo blogs out there. Why is this one any different? A lot of my friends seem to be dipping their toes into the proverbial paleo water, and I always say, "Ohmygoodness, I have so many great recipes! I will send you some!"...and I never do. It's not at all because I don't want to! It's simply because my short term memory is horrible and life gets in the way! So what better way to let someone know what is working for me than to say, "Hey! Just go check out my blog!" :-)

I love paleo. I love the idea of it, the food I eat, and the way it makes me feel. (a quick shout out to my sorority sister, Amanda Nichols, for getting me started on it! She is my paleo sista, and she keeps me going on days when all I want is a cupcake!) When I am not eating paleo I can feel a big difference in my energy level and my overall sense of blah. I hope that by sharing some of my recipes it can help other people stick to it, get started with it, or just eat healthier in general. None of the recipes are mine unless otherwise stated. I compile my recipes from pinterest, other paleo websites, and paleo cookbooks. It is a plethora of recipes, so I plan to do posts occasionally as I have time. I lost 16 pounds in my first month and a half or so with paleo, so I am a firm believer. It's a lot of work and can get a little pricey from time to time, but it is SO worth it. I'm a confirmed paleo believer, and I hope to share my love of it with other people!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love reading your blog. I especially love the bacon recipe!:) I melted..:) But I was just wondering if you have an idea why it is called "southern" paleo? I'm writing a book about it now.

    ReplyDelete