Southern Paleo Livin'

Southern Paleo Livin'

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Crockpot Honey Apple Pork Loin

So one of my favorite paleo recipes happens to be a recipe I started using even before I knew what paleo was! I am obsessed in a normal amount of love with my crockpot. It's just SO convenient! You can put the food in before you leave work and voila! You come home to an amazing meal! What could be better?

"I love using my crockpot, Rayna, but man, oh man, it is a pain to clean!" you say? WELL, do I have an amazing solution for you. These crock pot liners are the perrrfect solution to your problem! It literally makes cleaning as easy as letting it cool, removing liner from crockpot, and throwing it away. Prayers=answered. You can get them at any grocery store near the aluminum foil/syran wrap. I couldn't find them at Wal-Mart, but Kroger always seems to have them!



So back to our delicious honey apple pork loin! Seriously...it has four ingredients. It is SO easy and absolutely delicious!

Ingredients

~1 pork loin, 2.5 - 3 lbs
~3 red delicious apples, sliced (I always buy more in case I want to throw more in)
~Honey, approximately 4 tbs (yeahhhh, I always use more than 4. Try to get some local honey if you can!)
~Cinnamon, 2 tbs (I always eyeball the amount of cinnamon I use. It's probably more than 2)


Directions

1. Lay the apple slices from two of the apples into the bottom of the crockpot. Sprinkle those with cinnamon.
2. Cut slits in the pork loin. The original recipe says 1/2"-3/4", but I always make them a little larger because my pork loin won't fit into the crock pot with that many slits in it. Place the pork loin into the crock pot. Drizzle some honey into the slits, and then place an apple slice into each slit.
3. Drizzle top with the remainder of the honey and put the remaining apples on top. Then sprinkle the whole darn thing with cinnamon.
4. Cook on low for 7 hours. Then ENJOY! :-)

The recipe also says, "For more flavor you may poke holes in the pork, and then place the pork loin in a bag with honey and cinnamon to marinate overnight. If you try this let me know how it turns out!


1 comment:

  1. Having Trouble FOLLOWING with the Paleo Diet?

    Do you want to munch on some tasty recipes TONIGHT?

    Check out this book: Paleo Hacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete