Southern Paleo Livin'

Southern Paleo Livin'

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Paleo Omelette Muffins

I recently pinned a ridiculous amount of paleo recipes on pinterest, so I figured it was time to start tackling them.

I have wanted to try these egg omelette muffins for a while. While there is room for improvement, I would definitely make them again.

Ingredients

~12 eggs
~1/2 cup broccoli (I used more, which ended up being too much)
~6 strips cooked bacon (this ended up not being enough in my opinion)
~Salt and pepper

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin. (I used cupcake liners, which I am not sure I would use again).
2. Cook up some bacon (I cooked it in the oven and it came out PERFECTLY! More on this is a future blog post!). The recipe takes about 6 pieces, but I believe more is ok! Chop or tear the bacon into little pieces when cooked.
3. While the bacon is cookin', steam some broccoli. Rinse, drain, and chop into very small pieces (I learned this the hard way).
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together with salt and pepper. Add the broccoli and bacon and mix until combined well.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tin. They will expand, so try not to completely fill them up; however, if you do it's no biggie. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the eggs are fluffy and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I turned on the broiler for the last few minutes to brown and crisp the top of the muffins.
6. Enjoy!

**Some alternate filling options include bell peppers, onion, sausage, spinach, mushroom, etc.



Thanks again for your patience with my blogs during our power outage and my sickness! :-) I am back and blogging! Happy hump day!

1 comment:

  1. Having Trouble FOLLOWING with your Paleo Diet?

    Do you want to eat healthy delicious recipes TONIGHT?

    Download your amazing Paleohacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete